- How can your chosen charity provide this service?
- How can you provide donations and still have the same rates or cheaper than Eircom?
- If theres a fault on my phone who fixes it?
- I receive allowances on my line rental, are these affected?
- Who sends me my bill?
- Are there any additional charges?
- Will I lose any features I have from my service with Eircom?
- What happens if I want to leave the Phone Community?
- Can I keep my phone number?
- Why does the support product not generate a donation?
1. How can your chosen charity provide this service?
We asked Greencom an Irish telecommunications company set up to specifically aid the fundraising iniatives of Irish charities to help us in developing our phone community. Greencom provide all the telecom “know how” customer service, billing and administration and we ensure through our own fundraising team that the enomous potential our phone community has is realized.
2. How can you provide donations and still have the same rates or cheaper than Eircom?
Greencom provide our phone community with cheaper wholesale rates than Eircom which enables us to set our own pricing. Also as both your chosen charity and Greencom don’t spend any money on advertising compared to the vast sums Eircom spend, our phone community works for everyone.
3. If theres a fault on my phone who fixes it?
The your chosen charity Phone community operates a 24/7 fault desk. The phone line is still supplied to your home or business by Eircom and its maintenance is their responsibility and Greencom communicate with Eircom on all faults / breakdowns
4. I receive allowances on my line rental, are these affected?
Your line rental allowances are not affected as these are paid by the government and distributed through our phone community.
5. Who sends me my bill?
You will receive only one bill from the your chosen charity Phone Community which will include all your calls and your line rental charges or credits. The monthly bill will also update you on your monthly donation and also included will be information on your chosen charity activities and research.
6. Are there any additional charges?
No. There are no hidden charges.
7. Will I lose any features I have from my service with Eircom?
You will lose no features you have on your current service and you can choose from a selection of many new innovative and value added services from Greencom.
8. What happens if I want to leave the Phone Community?
Moving to a new provider is hassle free. You can just switch with your new provider or ring us and we will assist.
9. Can I keep my phone number?
Of course you keep your phone number, it’s the same service.
10. Why does the Support product not generate a donation?
As these are the cheapest call rates in Ireland we are not able to generate a donation, however, your chosen charity receives the knowledge that you support their cause. Perhaps you are not in a position to donate or just want to enjoy the cheapest rates available and if circumstances change you can swap to one of our donation packages simply by calling us. An additional benefit your charity has is the ability to communicate through your phone bill. You are also helping to support Greencom, the Irish Charities Phone Community provider.